CAL FIRE Local 2881 endorses Katrina Foley for State Senate District 37
More on YorkPedia:
- Nnika Tinney launches her new Practical Guide to Self-Mastery self-help book titled:
- Sumit Sawhney, MD, a Hematologist-Oncologist with Broward Health Coral Springs – University Hospital and Medical Center
- Lukas D. Wartman, MD, an Oncologist with Siteman Cancer Center – The McDonnell Genome Institute at Washington University
- Elizabeth Sangah Kim, MD, an Internist with Virginia Hospital Center
- Christine J. Vidouria, DO, a Pain Management Specialist with Physical Medicine – Pain Associates
(YorkPedia Editorial):- Costa Mesa, Feb 18, 2020 (Issuewire.com) – Mayor Katrina Foley lined up a critical endorsement from CAL FIRE Local 2881. This endorsement bolsters her already solid position with other firefighting organizations in the state. Along with this new endorsement, she is also endorsed by the California Professional Firefights, Orange County Professional Firefighters Association, IAFF Local 3631, Newport Beach Firefighters Association, Local 3734, and the Huntington Beach Firefighters Association Local 3354.
In a statement released following the announced endorsement, Tim Edwards, President of CAL FIRE Local 2881 said:
“When every firefighter and first responder in Costa Mesa received a layoff notice, Katrina Foley came to the rescue. She not only worked to reverse that wrong-headed decision, but she led the effort to open a new fire station and fought to get full funding and staffing for a station that provides critical coverage to nearby communities. With the impacts of climate change, we’re seeing California’s fire season becoming longer and often more devastating. We need to make sure our firefighters have the training, the equipment and resources to keep our communities safe and we need a fighter in Sacramento who has our backs. We’re endorsing Katrina Foley because we know she will continue to be our public safety champion in the State Senate.”
– Tim Edwards, President of CAL FIRE Local 2881
The momentum behind Foley’s campaign has continued to swell, particularly in recent weeks with Foley securing a vast array of endorsements from some of California’s key organizations and leaders. They include the California Labor Federation, the California Highway Patrol, EMILY’s List, NARAL Pro-Choice America, Fund Her, Congressman Harley Rouda, Senators Connie Leyva, Lena Gonzales and Cathleen Galgiani, Assemblymember Cottie Petrie-Norris, and others.
The Primary election will be held on March 3, 2020.
Amelia Painter Press
1600 Dove, Suite 101
Source :Foley for Senate 2020 FPPC# 1415525
This Press Release was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.