Local organization coordinates delivery service providing community donated meals from local halal restaurants to area hospitals with contactless method.
More on YorkPedia:
- Ensopella AG Company is facing a comprehensive reorientation – RIXX Invest AG
- Annette E. Pietri-Ramirez, MD, a Pediatrician with Med Centro® / Consejo de Salud de PR, Inc.
- Chadi Berjaoui, MD, a Family Physician with Carondelet Medical Group
- Ana Conde-Rosa, MD, an Infectious Disease Specialist with Project Response Testing and Treatment Center
- Akinwumi G. Aladesawe, MD, a Pain Management Specialist with Leading Edge Medical Center
(YorkPedia Editorial):- Kansas City, Apr 9, 2020 (Issuewire.com) – On Call Halal, a local organization started by Kaitlin Abdelrahman announced its official halal meal service launch. The service will provide free halal meals from local halal restaurants to area healthcare workers throughout the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.
Beginning April 23, 2020, many local healthcare workers serving the Kansas City area will begin fasting from food and water from sun up to sundown. This presents an additional need for those on the front lines, which Abdelrahman recognized then quickly assembled a team of multi-talented Kansas Citians to start On Call Halal.
Abdelrahman had been organizing a Ramadan pop-up shop in a location owned by Clemons Real Estate that was set to highlight local halal restaurants before the shutdowns. “While talking with friends in healthcare and reading statistics from ISPU about the percentage of Muslim Healthcare workers in the US, I realized there was a way to help,” Abdelrahman said. “In providing these meals we are also supporting local restaurants that may be facing tough times and following the lead of the many Kansas City organizations doing anything they can to help out.”
On Call Halal is partnering with local restaurants that serve halal food (food prepared in accordance with Islamic guidelines) and area hospitals. The service is individual donation and sponsorship driven. The Palestinian American Medical Association of Kansas City has stepped up as On Call Halal’s first sponsor and will match the first 500 donated meals.
Features of On Call Halal’s meal service include:
- Pre-dawn and dinner meals for healthcare workers
- Halal meals will be prepared by local restaurants
- Contactless delivery directly to participating hospital
Meals will be free of charge to healthcare workers and will be available beginning April 23rd, the first day of Ramadan. The service will last through May 23, 2020.
On Call Halal/Kaitlin Abdelrahman
This Press Release was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.