How Using QR Codes for Inventory Systems and Asset Tracking Solutions will Improve Efficiency
More on YorkPedia:
- Bringing the Authentic Music of R&B the Recertified Teenager Releases New Track ‘The Groove’
- The North Carolina Music Band Apollo Craven Is Spreading Its Charm with Their Soundtracks
- Learn How to Measure Press Release Success in 11 Simple Ways
- Stay Updated about the International Music Industry with Daily Music Roll’s Music News
- Get Nostalgic with the Album ‘To Love Somebody…’ by O’Neill Fernandes
(YorkPedia Editorial):- Chicago, Illinois Jan 11, 2022 (Issuewire.com) – QR codes are 2D matrix barcodes. Compared to traditional 1D barcodes, QR codes are a lot more powerful, versatile, and configurable. Using QR codes allows you to hold about a hundred times the information that the average 1D barcode can, making them far more efficient in relaying information to whoever scans them. This is what makes QR Code Inventory Management and Asset Tracking the most cutting-edge form of tracking.
Our new QR code feature comes with many new functionalities like:
- Allowing people who don’t use the system to scan the codes
- Including more relevant data in the code
- Resizing and modifying the shape of the codes
- And more!
Each of these functionalities comes with multiple additional benefits. For example, resizing and modifying the shape of your QR codes allows you to fit them on smaller items. Also, you can include relevant data that is important to your business like part number, serial number, product description, expiration date, and more in the QR codes on items that you send out or internally at your warehouses for greater visibility. Keeping in mind that a traditional barcode could only hold a part number, you can see far more information at a glance.
QR code inventory management and asset tracking is an excellent option because the QR codes are more resistant to error. In addition, you can still scan them after receiving damage or fading in most cases. This contrasts with the old line barcodes that don’t scan after being slightly altered.
ASAP System is a market leader in Inventory System and Asset Tracking Solutions that use Barcode technology with mobile Barcode scanners, smartphones, and tablets. They help improve profitability by eliminating manual data entry, paper files, and forms and by automating record keeping. With their system, businesses know 24/7 how and where their Assets and Inventory are received, stored, used, and disposed of in a warehouse, field, or office. They have offices in California (headquarters) and Chicago.
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.