Get to know Infectious Disease Specialist Dr. Michael R. Scoma, who serves patients in New York.
More on YorkPedia:
- Bringing the Authentic Music of R&B the Recertified Teenager Releases New Track ‘The Groove’
- The North Carolina Music Band Apollo Craven Is Spreading Its Charm with Their Soundtracks
- Learn How to Measure Press Release Success in 11 Simple Ways
- Stay Updated about the International Music Industry with Daily Music Roll’s Music News
- Get Nostalgic with the Album ‘To Love Somebody…’ by O’Neill Fernandes
(YorkPedia Editorial):- New York City, New York Jan 20, 2023 (Issuewire.com) – Board-certified infectious disease physician Michael R. Scoma, M.D. makes his mark as a top New York City private practitioner with the highest standard of individualized care and excellence. Having completed his training at the prestigious Yale New Haven Hospital, Dr. Scoma maintains a vibrant inpatient and outpatient practice dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of an extensive array of infectious conditions including the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Throughout his career, Dr. Scoma has developed a personal philosophy that has influenced the way he approaches his practice every day: medicine is a science and an art that when applied within the realm of clinical expertise and compassionate care yields exquisite results. With offices in both the Upper East Side of Manhattan and Long Island offering outpatient consultation and concierge services, Dr. Scoma has distinguished himself as one of New York’s most sought-after infectious disease practitioners.
Board-certified infectious disease specialist Michael. R. Scoma, M.D. received his bachelor of science from Fordham University where he graduated magna cum laude. After earning his medical degree from the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Dr. Scoma’s postgraduate medical training included a residency in internal medicine at Winthrop University Hospital and a fellowship in infectious disease at Yale New Haven Hospital. Dr. Scoma underwent sub-specialty training in transplant infectious disease as well as a research year in chronic virologic infections where he was involved in multiple HIV clinical trials.
Dr. Scoma is affiliated with NYU Langone Health and Lenox Hill Hospital as an attending infectious disease consultant. Dr. Scoma’s offices in Long Island, as well as the Upper East Side of Manhattan, offer an individualized patient experience in a true boutique medicine format with services rendered including office and telemedicine consultations as well as concierge services including private residence consultations and on-site COVID-19 testing for both private residences and corporations.
Dr. Scoma’s inpatient and outpatient private practice specializes in, however, is not limited to the treatment of:
- Skin and soft tissue infections including MRSA
- Osteomyelitis and prosthetic joint infections
- Bronchopneumonia and sinopulmonary infections
- Infections in hematopoietic stem cell and solid organ transplant recipients
- Native and prosthetic valve endocarditis
- Lyme disease and related tick-borne infections including ehrlichiosis and babesiosis
- Parasitic infection
- Chronic viral infections and fever of unknown origin
- Recurrent and multi-drug resistant urologic infections
- Infections in the post-operative patient including plastics and orthopedic
- spine surgery
- COVID-19 as well as post-COVID-19 treatment
Learn More about Dr. Michael R. Scoma:
Through his findatopdoc profile, https://www.findatopdoc.com/doctor/3465267-Michael-Scoma-Infectious-Disease-Specialist or through NYU Langone, https://nyulangone.org/doctors/1215167390/michael-r-scoma
FindaTopDoc is a digital health information company that helps connect patients with local physicians and specialists who accept your insurance. Our goal is to help guide you on your journey toward optimal health by providing you with the know-how to make informed decisions for you and your family.
Your Health Contact
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.